CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Little Polar Bear

We have another snow day and I really don't think we will go to school tomorrow so I thought I would share what we did last Friday.


Friday we continued our discussion about winter.

We began discussing arctic animals by reading Little Polar Bear. The students loved this book, it was so funny we started reading it before lunch and when we returned from lunch they couldn't wait to finish reading it.
I have to admit I was going to wait about reading this but one of the other teachers asked if I wanted to read it and make these "polar bear" treats. She even had the directions all pretty and everything. Well I couldn't pass up an opportunity to read a great story and make a special treat.

What you need:
Vanilla or chocolate cookies - we had both so the students cold pick their favorite
Fur - Vanilla icing
Eyes and nose -Chocolate chips (3) you could use m&m's, the recipe called for raisins but we were trying to use up supplies we already had on hand.
Ears - small marshmallows (2)
Popsicle sticks to spread the icing




The student's really enjoyed making these.

No comments:

Post a Comment