CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 19, 2011

Kindergarten is like a box of chocolates

Raise your hand if you are exahusted!!
As I sit here wrapping my brain around what is to come from my new group of Kinders, I can't help but think of Forest Gump. Yep Forest Gump and I quote "Life is like a box of chocolates" well the same can be said about Kindergarten. Kindergarten is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get.

I also think about the movie "Groundhog Day", we phase our students in slowly so the teachers students can adjust to a new school year. Which results in doing and saying the same thing each day. I will be doing this until Thursday when I will have all 20 of my students. Last year I had 17 students so having three more little personalities will be interesting.
As far as my box of chocolates: Like many I have some students who do not know how to hold scissors or a pencil.
On the bright side I only had one student tear up and he was fine within a few minutes.

Tomorrow I will drop my youngest son off to begin college and I can tell you there is going to be a mom doing more than tearing up.

Well enjoy your weekend and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment